Purpose of the Award
To honor individuals who, like Larry Porter, have demonstrated a commitment to:
- Bringing new, clarified, or expanded knowledge to the field of OD.
- Contributing conceptually to the field by publishing, teaching, making professional presentations, or communicating through other channels.
- Playing a leadership role in sharing knowledge that has significantly influenced the field of OD.
Criteria for This Award
This award recognizes individuals whose writing, speaking, teaching, or public presentations have significantly contributed, over many years, to the development of the field and to the body of knowledge required for effective OD practice. Such a contribution could include:
- Publishing frequently in a variety of contexts, both within and outside familiar OD publications.
- Presenting and generously sharing conceptual work that develops, integrates, and applies theory to OD practice.
- Writing or using other media to promote useful learning and capacity-building throughout the practitioner community.
- Creating a body of work that has a national and international perspective and reputation.
- Communicating knowledge in a way that generates respect in the field and attracts a diverse constituency of colleagues, practitioners, and students.
Larry Porter played a key role in the development of the profession and of the OD Network. For nearly three decades, he encouraged and cajoled both new and experienced practitioners to contribute their knowledge and experience to the field. He served on the Board of Trustees for almost 10 years, and he was the Editor of the OD Practitioner throughout the 1970’s. He also presented regularly, authored or edited many classic articles, and brought indefatigable energy, spirit, caring, and authenticity to everything and everyone he touched. We were all saddened by his death in 2010.
Past Award Recipients
|2013 - John Vogelsang
||2008 - Anne Litwin|
|2011 - Chris Worley
||2004 - David Cooperrider|
|2009 - Roger Harrison||2004 - Diana Whitney|
|2009 - Judith Katz|