This award is given in recognition of a Network member who has made a significant and lasting impact on the field and practice of organization development through their professional accomplishments, served the profession over an extended period of time, has earned the respect and admiration of professional colleagues and has freely engaged not only contemporaries, but also been committed to maintaining a dynamic connection to all generations of OD practitioners
Recipients of this award are recognized for outstanding conceptual contribution and fundamental advancement in the field and practice of OD. In completing the nomination application, the nominator should address the nominee’s commitment siting examples of as many of the following criteria as possible. The nominee has repeatedly demonstrated:
- Writing, speaking, teaching, and delivering public presentations that have significantly contributed to the development of the field, the body of knowledge required for effective OD practice and building understanding of the value of OD brings to organization
- Contribution to professional literature (e.g., has published highly-respected work; is a frequently cited source in books and journals; has created a body of work that has enhanced the practice of OD)
- Challenging our way of thinking about the practice of OD and reinterpretation of existing theory as to enhance understanding of the profession
- Significant client/community impact through the application of OD theory, principles and practices while working client engagements.
- Commitment to others through teaching, mentoring, writing, speaking, blogging, and sharing information
- Communication of the purpose, principles, values, and the impact OD offers the larger world such that the value of OD is increasing understood and positively impacts market demand for well-trained OD practitioners grows
- Global and/or national recognition for her/his contributions
- Exemplifying the values and practiced the principles of OD in his/her own behavior
This award is presented when a worthy recipient is identified. This may or may not be an annual occurrence. One Sharing the Wealth award may be presented each year. Previous recipients are not eligible for and may not be recognized with this award multiple times. The award is presented at the OD Network Annual Conference.
How to Nominate:
Please click here to complete the online nomination form in its entirety and provide any supporting materials no later than Monday, June 27, 2016.
Past Award Recipients
Click here to go back to the main awards page.
| 2015- Michael Broom, Ph.D.
|| 2009- John Carter
|| 2004- Marv Weisbord
| 2015- Barry Johnson
|| 2009- Glenn Varney
|| 2003- W. Warner Burke
| 2015- Barry Oshry
|| 2008- Peter Block
|| 2002- Peter Vaill
| 2015- Dr. John J. Scherer LHD
|| 2007- Frederick Miller
|| 2001- Kathie Dannemiller
| 2014- Judith Katz, Ed.D
|| 2006- Chris Argvris
|| 2001- Edie Seashore
| 2014- Frederick Nader
|| 2006- Saul Eisen
|| 2000- Robert Marshak
| 2013- Mee-Yan Cheung Judge
|| 2005- Barbara Benedict Bunker
|| 1999- Billie T. Alban
| 2012- David Sibbet
|| 2005- Edgar Schein
|| 1999- Bob Tannenbaum
| 2011- Brenda B. Jones
|| 2004- Charlie Seashore
| 2010- Edwin C. Nevis, Ph.D.
| 2010- Dick Axelrod