Board of Trustees
Marisa Sanchez, Ph.D.
Matt Minahan, Ed. D.
Mike Horne, Ph.D.
330 North Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
|Message from the Program Committee Co-Chairs
3 + 2 = Innovation!
Our 2013 OD Network Conference in San Jose is adding up to more than just the math. We are excited to announce our three keynote speakers, plus two featured speakers, all adding up to Innovation in just three days.
We have a great lineup ofthree keynotes:
- Bob Keegan,the Harvard psychologist doing today's best work on adult development and learning, the necessity of ongoing psychological transformation in adulthood, the fit between adult capacities and the hidden demands of modern life, and the implications for adult learning.
- VernāMyers,the nationally recognized expert on diversity and inclusion, a published author, and sponsor of her own annual Opus Conference on Race and Ethnicity in organizations. Vernā helps transform diversity from an elusive goal into a real, positive, invigorating fact of life - a feature that inspires new thinking, attracts new talent, opens the door to new business, and most of all, innovation.
- Susan Foley,author of the bookEntrepreneurs Inside: Accelerating Business Growth with Corporate Entrepreneurs, who will share her experiences from 25 years of helping organizations build the entrepreneurial competencies needed for success.
As if that's not enough, we also have special sessions with our two featured speakers, both of whom are longtime members and supporters of OD Network:
- Ed Schein, one of the field's original and foundational thinkers and writers on career anchors, process consultation, organizational culture, and his newest thinking on the dynamics of helping.
- David Sibbet, a master facilitator, process consultant, and pioneer of visual facilitation, specializing in large-scale processes, strategic visioning and creative, future-oriented symposia.
Registration Now Open For Designing For Agility Workshop!
Together with Organization Design Forum, OD Network is pleased to offer a “Designing for Agility” workshop November 5-7, 2013, in Torrance, CA.Registrationis now open for the workshop!
Regardless of your industry and strategy, organizations need agility in order to shift and advance in global markets. Designed to focus on your organization’s readiness for the next decade, the workshop will cover the theory, practice and tools for creating a designed organization. It provides an easy-to-understand 7-step model for redesigning organizations for high performance and competitive advantage.
Read more and registerhere!
2013 Awards Nominations Due June 30th!
Who has inspired you? Who has influenced your practice? Who has stepped up and created ways for you to learn and grow?
This is your opportunity to recognize colleagues who have made a difference to you and the OD community.
Nominations are now open for the following 2013 Awards:
- Lifetime Achievement
- Service to the OD Network - In Honor of Fred A. Miller
- Outstanding Achievement in Global Work
- Outstanding Regional Network
- Organizational Excellence in OD
- OutstandingArticle inOD Practitioner
- Communicating OD Knowledge - In Honor of Larry Porter
- Sharing the Wealth - In Honor of Kathie Dannemiller
Read more and download the nominating formhere.
Deadlines Approaching for Prominent OD Recognition Opportunities
2013 Student Research Submissions
Deadline: June 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM EST.
Graduate students in OD have two opportunities to be recognized by fellow students and OD professionals during theOD Network 2013 Annual Conference.
OD Student Research Colloquium (SRC):
Current and recently completed OD graduate students are invited to submit papers on their original research that is underway or recently completed, for review and feedback.Read submission details.
Student Paper Presentations (SPP):
OD graduate students are invited to submit a publishable paper for review by senior scholar-practitioners, to be presented at the 2013 OD Network Conference. Winning papers are entered for editorial review within the OD Practitioner, the OD Network's quarterly research journal.Read submission details.
Are you looking to broaden your experience at this year's conference in San Jose? If so, there is still time to gather a proposal for theOD Network 2013 Annual Conference.
For more details, clickhere.
28th IODA World Conference
The International Organization Development Association (IODA) is holding its 28th World Congress in Lima, Peru, September 24 – 27, 2013. With a theme of “Permanent Change in Organizations,” the conference will provide an in-depth look at the vision of changes – personal, organizational, and communal – and the direct effects on society.
The Congress will bring together experts and consultants from five continents, who are currently transforming organizations. To learn more or register, clickhere.
The Membership Committee Seeks Volunteers
The Membership Committee is seeking volunteers who are willing to help with the recruitment and retention of OD Network members. The Membership Committee focuses on assessing the needs of the membership and implementing strategies to retain current members, recruit new members and serve as a guide for member satisfaction. Clickhereto view the charter.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact us email@example.com.
Featured Opportunities on the OD Network Job Exchange
TheOD Network Job Exchangeis the most effective forum forjob seekers and employersto find opportunities and resources specific to OD. Here are some of the latest postings:
Find learning opportunities that fit with your busy schedule through the OD Network's Webinar Series, offering valuable educational sessions at your convenience.
Browse the OD Network's library
of Webinars to find something tailored to your needs.
From an in-depth look at the foundations of OD, to advanced sessions presented by the field's master practitioners, these courses will improve your knowledge and help provide a fresh perspective.
Watch fornew webinars
OD Network Regional News
Outstanding Regional Network Award
The OD Network is seeking nominations for the Outstanding Regional Network Award. The award honors a Regional Network whose leadership, programs, organization and mission:
- Respond to its members needs
- Add value to a region
- Model how to sustain and grow a regional membership network
- Attract a diverse constituency of local practitioners
To submit a nomination, download the nomination formhere.Complete the form and email firstname.lastname@example.orgJune 30, 2013.