Call for 2014 OD Network Board Nominations
The Organization Development Network is seeking nominations for two new members of its Board of Trustees. The openings will be filled by membership election; all candidates will serve a three-year term. Terms will begin on January 1, 2014, with new Board member orientation taking place at the 2013 Annual Conference on October 5-8, 2013 in San Jose, CA.
We are eager to have a strong slate of candidates who represent the diversity of the field of OD and the membership of the OD Network.
Candidates should have the time, commitment, strategic leadership capabilities, and business acumen to contribute to the work of the Board and the OD Network. They must be committed to carry out our mission and strategic goals.
Specifically, we are looking for people who:
- Wish to contribute time and talent to the organization in a significant way.
- Have knowledge and competency in the field of OD.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaborative abilities.
- Balance a strategic mindset with an action orientation.
- Are committed to fiscal accountability and financial management, including budget oversight.
- Have prior management or board experience (desirable, but not necessary)
Additionally, in keeping with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we seek candidates who:
- Are Asian, Asian-American, Pacific Islander, African-American, Native-American, or Latino/a
- Are members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender community
- Have been long-time OD Network members
- Reside in the Western or Midwestern United States or outside of the United States
Board Member responsibilities include:
The Nomination Process is as follows:
- Attend in-person Board meetings two times a year for 2-3 days each. (The OD Network pays expenses only when those expenses are a barrier to participation.) One board meeting held during the annual conference.
- Attend Annual Conference and other events as needed.
- Attend monthly board conference calls.
- Chair at least one committee, leading committee meetings for at least one hour monthly and planning and implementing committee activities.
- Carry out a variety of tasks and make contributions between Board meetings to support Board activities and the work of the Executive Director. Commit to the equivalent of three days, minimally, per month.
- To run for a Board position you must be a member of the Network.
- Review the OD Network's mission, vision, and values, as well as strategic goals and recent news at www.odnetwork.org.
- Talk with any or all of the current Board members to learn more about the role and expectations.Inform Executive Director Laura Rudzinskiof your intention to nominate yourself or someone else.
- Submit a statement of no more than 200 words covering the nominee's qualifications and reasons for seeking election. An optional recent electronic photograph may also be submitted. (Both the statement and photograph will be used on the official ballot.)
- Send an electronic copy of the nomination letters/petition, candidate statement, and photograph no later than July 17, 2013, to Laura Rudzinski.
- Only candidates whose materials are fully completed by July 17, 2013 will be considered for nominations.
The Election Process is as follows:
- The nomination period will start on June 17, 2013 and last until July 17, 2013.
- Review of the nominations will start on July 18, 2013 and last until July 31, 2013.
- The voting period will start on August 1, 2013 and last until August 21, 2013.
- Voting will be conducted electronically.
- OD Network members will vote for up to two candidates from among those running for election.
- At the end of the voting process, the two candidates with the most votes will be certified as winners and notified by the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
- The results will be announced to the OD Network membership shortly thereafter.
- The winning candidates will assume office on January 2014. Trustees-elect must attend the October 5-8, 2013 ODN Annual Conference and Board Meeting in San Jose, CA.