The Organization Development Network is seeking nominations for four new leadership roles on its Board of Trustees. All OD Network members may nominate themselves or someone else. Your nomination is a valuable service that creates a diverse slate of candidates who represent our membership.
Our Board of Trustees is a strong, driven, and highly active team of experienced practitioners and business leaders. Together we are designing a new vision and strategic direction for the future of the Network. We are dreaming big about our role in the field of OD on a global stage.
We are looking for seasoned candidates to join our team for a three-year term beginning on January 1, 2017. New Board member orientation to our team will take place at the 2016 OD Network Annual Conference on October 7-10 in Atlanta, GA. We are looking for candidates who contribute to the overall diversity of the board.
Candidates should be committed to carrying out our mission and strategic goals while striving for excellence in Board governance. Candidates should have the time, commitment, business acumen, and strategic leadership capacity to lead volunteer committees in implementing Board strategy.
The OD Network is seeking the following Board roles:
- Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer
- Director of Communications
- Governance Officer/Secretary; and/or Vice-President Member Experience
- Vice-President, Events
When reviewing nominations for candidates, the Nominating Committee looks for candidates who match the following criteria:
- Are current members;
- Have knowledge, experience and competency in the field of OD;
- Demonstrate strong abilities in communication, teamwork and collaboration;
- Can balance a strategic mindset with an action orientation;
- Are committed to fiscal accountability and financial management, including budget oversight;
- Have prior management, board experience or governance background (desirable, not mandatory);
- Are visionary and aligned with OD values; and
- Can contribute time, passion, and talent to OD Network in a significant way.
Following are the recommended steps for nomination:
- Talk with any current Board members to learn more about the roles and expectations;
- Inform Executive Director Gail McCauley (GMcCauley@odnetwork.org) of your intention to nominate yourself or another member;
- Submit a statement of no more than 200 words covering the nominee's qualifications and reasons for seeking election. An optional recent digital photograph may be submitted. (Both the statement and photograph will be used on the official ballot.);
- Send an electronic copy of the nomination letters/petition, candidate statement, and photograph no later than June 15, 2016, to Gail McCauley (GMcCauley@odnetwork.org); and
- The Nominating Committee will meet soon thereafter to develop a slate of Directors. Only candidates whose materials are fully completed by June 15, 2016, will be considered for nominations.
Proposed candidates must agree to be available for Board work during their term. Board Member responsibilities include:
- Availability and willingness to attend in-person Board meetings two times a year for 2-3 days each. (The OD Network pays expenses related to board meeting participation.) One board meeting held during the annual conference.
- Attend Annual Conference and other events as needed.
- Availability and accessibility by phone for monthly board conference calls during the three-year term.
- Chair at least one committee of volunteers and leading committee meetings for at least one hour monthly and planning and implementing committee activities.
- Manage a variety of tasks through volunteers and make contributions between Board meetings to support Board activities and the work of the Executive Director.
- Commit to the equivalent of three days, minimally, per month.
- Be an active member of the Network.
- Agreement to abide by OD Network Bylaws and Governance Policies.
The Election Process is as follows:
- The nomination period will start on May 25, 2016, and last until June 6, 2016.
- Review of the nominations will start on June 10, 2016, and last until July 31, 2016.
- The voting period will start on August 15, 2016, and last until August 29, 2016.
- Voting will be conducted electronically.
- OD Network members will vote for up to four candidates from among those running for election.
- At the end of the voting process, the four candidates with the majority votes will be certified as trustees-elect for 2017 and notified by the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
- The results will be announced to the OD Network membership shortly thereafter.
- The winning candidates will assume office on January 1, 2017. Trustees-elect must attend the OD Network Annual Conference and Board Meeting in Atlanta, GA on October 7-10, 2016.