Message from ODN Executive Director Gail McCauley
As we close the calendar on the first quarter of 2015, and spring begins here in Washington, DC, I find myself reflecting on the many benefits OD Network provides to our members and the community. As a membership organization, we are a community for learning, sharing, mentoring, exploring new ideas, charting your course and growing personally and professionally.
OD Network has a diverse membership - age, education, experience, subject matter expertise, culture, and nationality. Our diversity is one of our strengths - it provides a rich community and robust conversation. Our members have a diverse background including one longtime member, Magdy Mansour, who has been with ODN since he was in graduate school,
"I was given a great opportunity to partner on a project to create a report on future trends in the OD field. That was a very valuable experience because it put me in contact with several prominent practitioners in the field and because I learned a great deal. Volunteering for ODN became a big help to both the field and my own professional development."
We also offer a wide range of member benefits that are valuable for those working in organization and human systems development, HR, change management, leadership or talent development, training, strategic planning or any area involved in promoting healthy change.
Exclusive to members, there are three different areas of emphasis for OD Network's benefits that help members at every point in their career. We believe that when an OD professional joins OD Network they should be able to grow, connect and make an impact within our industry. Take a minute and read through some of the top
member-only benefits we offer:
- View opportunities from around the world on ODN's job exchange - the only job bank exclusive to OD
- Take part in the ODN Coaching and Mentoring Program
- Learn on your own time with OD Network webinars (members attend at discounted rates)
- Keep current with OD Practitioner, Practicing OD, Seasonings and Network Connections publications
- Learn and receive discounts on OD books
- Access OD Network publication archives
- Join us in Portland at the 2015 OD Network │ IODA Annual Conference and 2nd OD World Summit for a global gathering of OD professionals
- Participate in the Internals Community of Practice
- Join ODN's LinkedIn Group to continue the conversation online
- Join a Regional Network near you and receive $25 discount on ODN membership
- Read the latest articles in OD, HR and management organized for you in Network Connections
- Steer the OD Network through Volunteer Committees and help improve the OD community
- Coming Soon! Don't Reinvent the Wheel - Share OD presentations with your peers
Kria Lea, MSOD, provides insight on how ODN has helped her beyond her professional network:
"ODN provides a level of networking with my peers that is valuable on both a personal and professional level. I've met so many helpful, intelligent and wonderful practitioners, many of whom are truly good friends today."
For the future, we will continue to provide members with the resources they have come to count on and be forward thinking as we explore and expand new benefits to incorporate into our member benefit offerings. This is not going to be something you are going to want to miss. Take advantage of our current benefits and be on the lookout for new benefits as we work to improve the organization and provide valuable resources to the global OD community.
P.S.,Save the Date, please. Mark your calendar now for October 17th-20th, 2015 to join us in Portland for the 2015 OD Network │ IODA Annual Conference and 2nd OD World Summit. The opening general session and welcoming reception will take place on the evening of Sunday, October 18th.