Submissions are currently being accepted for upcoming issues of Practicing OD, the Network's quarterly journal of practical ideas, methods, concepts, frameworks, applied theories, approaches, and tools in order to enhance the quality of OD practice. Practicing OD seeks short articles (900 to 1200 words) with topics such as (but not limited to):
- Practical descriptions, tips, and guidelines for applying concepts, methods, processes, interventions, and tools that regularly work
- Brief case studies that highlight implications for future practice
- Ways to effectively handle recurring situations
- Proven consultation principles and practices
- Innovative, cutting-edge methods or designs, including new applications or adaptations of well established processes and tools
- Thought-provoking essays on practice-related challenges
- New trends or technologies that will influence or provide new opportunities for OD practice
- How to effectively integrate frameworks and models from other fields/disciplines into OD practice
- How to build your knowledge and skill as an OD practitioner
Practicing OD is published online for OD Network members. Experienced and new practitioners are encouraged to submit articles.
- Short (900-1200 words), practical articles written in simple, direct conversational language. Bulleted lists, limited graphics, and short sections with subheads help the ease-of-reading and accessibility of content with lower word counts.
- Focus on what you are discussing, how it works or can be used, and why it works (what you believe or how theory supports it).
- Include everything in the text. No sidebars.
- Footnotes are discouraged. Citations, if appropriate, should be included in the text with a short list of references at the end of the article.
- Include a short (25-50 word) author bio, including your email for readers to contact you.
- Submit Microsoft Word electronic copies only to: Dorinda Capole, Editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your name, phone number, and email address
- If your article is accepted for publication, you will be notified via email.