|News from ODEA|
Organization Development Education Association
Marco Cassone, MSOD
WE HEARD YOU!
Last summer, Matt Minahan, 2015 Chair of the OD Network Board of Trustees, and Marco Cassone, Member of the 2016 OD Network Board of Trustees, conducted virtual focus groups with many of the program directors of the top schools in the ODEA across the US and Canada. From the focus groups emerged three actionable recommendations, which form the content of this article:
1. Info Sessions: An Introduction to the OD Network (semi-annual webinars)
Matt & Marco are teaming up to bring crisp, conversational overviews of the Network to ODEA member AND affiliate schools. Details of the Intro Info Sessions include:
• Personalized 50-min live webinar to connect with students;
• Overview of the OD Network, review of registration, and preview of 2016;
• Great opportunity for current students, prospective recruits, and alumni;
• Prioritized enrollment for our ODN’s new 2016 Welcome Group Program;
• Organized, promoted, and hosted by school at school’s convenience;
• Contact Marco Cassone to set up a session for your school: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Alumni Membership
Program directors described a constant need to reconnect with their school alumni. Many were very favorable to development of an alumni membership to the OD Network. Details include:
· Alumni annual membership to the OD Network is $180;
· Save $45 off regular price of $225;
· Select button at bottom of page “JOIN NOW!” and select “Individual Membership - ODEA Alumni”.
3. Welcome Group Program
One of the most significant requests was a mechanism to help students better understand the value of their membership to the Network. This was the spark that helped to create the OD Network’s Welcome Group Program, new for 2016. Over a 3-week period (1 x 90 min session per week), this powerful member benefit helps participants in three ways:
1. Identify their own professional needs (skills, learning, relationships);
2. Collaborate in exploring OD Network resources available;
3. Create peer-accountable action plans for getting the most out of their OD Network membership.
Registration + additional info available at: http://www.odnetwork.org/?page=WelcomeGroup
As we conclude this review from the ODEA, we’d like to give special thanks to the sponsors of the 2015 OD Network annual conference. Thank you to Case Western Reserve University (platinum sponsor), Pepperdine University (gold), and Benedictine University (gold). The generosity of these and other sponsors help to give our students an incomparable experience. We’ll close with an impact quote from a first-time conference attendee:
"Prior to Portland, I had a simple understanding of OD; academic knowledge was literally my only experience. At the OD Network conference, I learned so much and met so many fellow students and potential mentors. The experience has changed my world and the course of my future.” –– Anonymous ODEA doctoral candidate 2016
10/19/20162016 OD Network Awards