This award recognizes organizations and their leaders that have demonstrated a sustained commitment to organization development and organization effectiveness within their own operating practices. Organizations receiving this recognition may be large, small, not-for-profit and public organizations from around the world that have shown a strong commitment and recognize the importance OD has played in the success of their organization.
This award identifies, salutes and honors companies / organizations and their C-level executives throughout the business community. While there are many aspects to a business' success, leaders are at the forefront of their organizations and bear responsibility, utilizing their ingenuity, creativity and experience to keep their organizations sustainable.
Recipients of this award are recognized for demonstrating and following a systems approach to change and development within their organizations. not-for-profit, public, and corporate organizations and their leader are eligible. Nominees with have undertaken a recent organizational shift with support from an OD professional(s). In completing the nomination application, the nominator should address one or more of the following, providing examples of how the nominee:
- Demonstrates leadership within their role with the organization and how they determined the need for support and how the relationship with the OD professional developed
- Incorporated OD strategies and values as an integral component of the organization's culture, values and principles and leadership excellence
- Demonstrated organizational success and value of a systems approach to stakeholders including customers, employees, community, suppliers, shareholders, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment – financial, behavior modeling, recognition, etc. - significant to ensure impact and sustainability
- Aligned OD strategies with business or mission strategy and developed OD competencies within the organization, at all levels, especially leadership
This award is presented when a worthy recipient is identified. This may or may not be an annual occurrence. Up to three Organizational Excellence awards may be presented each year. Previous recipients are eligible for and may be recognized with this award multiple times provided additional service has amassed. The award is presented at the OD Network Annual Conference.
How to Nominate:
Please click here to complete the online nomination form in its entirety and provide any supporting materials no later than Friday, July 15, 2016.
Past Award Recipients
2013- Berrett-Koehler Publishers - Steven Piersanti
2011 - IDEO - Kristine Quade
2011 - L.L. Bean
2011 - Pepco Holdings, Inc. - Joy Dorsey