The Organization Development Network seeks nominations for three members of its Board of Trustees. The openings will be filled by membership election; all candidates will serve a three-year term. Terms will begin on January 1, 2013, with new Board member orientation taking place at the 2012 Conference in Phoenix, October 21-23.
We are eager to have a strong slate of candidates who represent the diversity of the field of OD and the membership of ODN. We encourage people who bring new perspectives and experience to the Board. We need candidates who desire to be a member of a working Board of Trustees.
Candidates must have the time, commitment, strategic leadership capabilities, and business acumen to contribute to the work of the Board and ODN. Candidates must be committed to carry out the mission and strategic goals.
Specifically, we seek nominees who:
- Wish to contribute time and talent to ODN in a significant way
- Have knowledge and competency in the field of OD
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaborative abilities
- Are interested in leading membership drives, fund-raising and/or grant-writing
- Balance a strategic mindset with an action orientation
- Are committed to fiscal accountability and financial management, including budget oversight
- Have prior management or board experience (desirable, but not necessary)
Board Member responsibilities include:
- Attend in-person Annual Conference, Board Meeting (held in conjunction with the Conference), and up to one other Board meeting each year. ODN pays expenses only when those expenses are a barrier to participation.
- Active committee leadership and involvement
- Carry out a variety of tasks and make contributions between Board meetings to support Board activities and the work of the Executive Director.
- Commit to the equivalent of three days, minimally, per month including:
- Attend monthly two hour Board call.
- Attend monthly one hour or more committee calls.
- Additional hours for Board and committee follow-up work.
- To run for a Board position you must be a member of the Network.
The Nomination Process is as follows:
- Review the OD Network's mission, vision, and values, as well as strategic goals and recent news at
- Talk with any or all of the current Board members to learn more about the role and expectations.
- Inform Executive Director Laura Rudzinski (email@example.com) of your intention to nominate yourself or someone else.
- Submit a statement of 150-200 words covering the nominee's qualifications and reasons for seeking election, as well as a recent electronic photograph. (Both the statement and photograph will be used on the official ballot.)
- Send an electronic copy of the nomination statement, and photograph no later than August 3, 2012, to Laura Rudzinski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Only candidates whose materials are fully completed by August 3, 2012, will have their names placed on the ballot.
The Election Process is as follows:
- The nomination period will start on July 12, 2012 and last until August 3, 2012.
- Review of the nominations will start on August 5, 2012 and last until August 10, 2012.
- The voting period will be open from August 20, 2012 and last until September 14, 2012.
- Voting will be conducted electronically.
- OD Network members will vote for up to three candidates from among those running for election.
- At the end of the voting process, the candidates with the most votes will be certified as winners and notified by the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
- The results will be announced to the OD Network membership shortly thereafter.
- The winning candidates will assume office on Jan. 1, 2013 (and attend the October, 2012 ODN Conference and Board Meeting in Phoenix, AZ).