The Organization Development Network announces the
4th Annual OD Student Research Colloquium (SRC)
Research papers are due on Monday, June 18, 2012, at midnight Eastern Standard Time.
These colloquium sessions at the OD Network Conference 2012 will provide current and recently completed OD graduate students with the opportunity to submit papers on their research for review and feedback; and, if accepted, to share and discuss their original research that is underway or recently completed.
We invite current and recently graduated OD students, from both masters’ and doctoral programs, to submit papers presenting their research work on topics that help to advance theory and practice useful to the OD field. A committee from the OD Program Directors’ Consortium will review submissions and select as many as possible, from those that meet the criteria (below), to be presented at two research-focused sessions this year at OD Network’s Conference 2012, in Phoenix.
To be selected for these sessions, papers must:
- Demonstrate high quality research, using any appropriate methods.
- Draw on, build on, or advance documented OD theory.
- Address a problem or issue confronting the field of OD.
- Be cogent and well written.
In order to qualify for selection, all papers must:
- Represent research that has already been completed, or which is in process and can benefit from thoughtful feedback and discussion.
- Be submitted by a current student, or a graduate within the past year, from a master’s or doctoral program with an OD focus.
- Not exceed 4,000 words for completed work, and 2,500 words for research-in-process.
- Include in their structure:
- A title.
- An introduction to the topic, question, or subject of inquiry, and its relevance to the field of OD.
- A summary of the research methodology.
- A data analysis or plan for data analysis.
- Adherence to APA style guidelines.
For completed research:
- Results or findings (at least in draft).
- Conclusions (at least in draft).
- Implications for future research.
For research- in-process:
- Anticipated findings.
- Key questions you wish to explore with colleagues.
- Key references (does not need to be exhaustive).
These papers should serve as drafts of or completed articles for publication.
The Student Research Colloquium Review Team for 2012:
- David Jamieson, Ph.D., University of St. Thomas, Chair
- John Bennett, Ph.D., Queens University
- Katherine Farquhar, Ph.D., American University/NTL
- Bill Koenig, Ph.D., Seattle University
- Jim Maddox, Ph. D., Friends University
- Terri Egan, Ph.D., Pepperdine University
- Cathy Royal, Ph.D., Royal Consulting Group
- Richard Stackman, Ph.D., University of San Francisco
- Deb O'Neill, Ph.D., Bowling Green University
- Debora Hammond, Ph.D., Sonoma State University
Research papers are due on Monday, June 18, 2012, at midnight Eastern Standard Time. Please e-mail your completed draft for consideration to email@example.com.
For questions about the program or process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.