Get involved with our work of advancing the theory and practice of OD by volunteering your time and expertise for one of the projects listed below.
Don’t see the opportunity you were looking for? Email Tom Nicholson, Executive Director, with your idea!
In order to fulfill our mission to be a leader in advancing the theory and practice of OD, we need to tap more fully the expertise and commitment of our members. We need to recruit large cadres of volunteers for specific, generally time-limited projects and initiatives. And that means we need a volunteer to coordinate all these volunteer teams and individuals!
As volunteer coordinator, you’d work closely with specific OD Network staff and board members to:
- Design and manage a strategy for recruiting volunteers
- Evaluate volunteers’ qualifications and sort them into appropriate work streams
- Orient new volunteers to their project and its place in the OD Network’s strategy
- Coordinate among the volunteer teams to ensure effective use of their time and expertise
- Support leaders of volunteer teams with advice and access to available resources
The volunteer coordinator should:
- Be an experienced OD practitioner
- Have been a member of the OD Network for at least ten years
- Have experience in managing teams and, preferably, in managing volunteers
- Be able to devote time and energy to a job that will grow in direct proportion to your success
- Share a passionate commitment to the values of the field and the mission of the OD Network
If you fit this description and want to volunteer, email Tom Nicholson
, Executive Director.
Tech Team Volunteer Coordinator
Building on the giant steps taken in the past few years, OD Network intends to find more ways to leverage the power of new technology and media to advance the theory and practice of OD.
We’re looking for a few members who can volunteer to join our own tech team to lead this effort. This will be an action team that will work virtually to do such things as:
- Provide technical support to OD Network staff to help them use tools efficiently and effectively
- Join teams to assess and report on technical and media resources with potential to help us advance our mission
- Take the lead to implement, manage and facilitate new applications
If you have some knowledge and experience and a lot of interest and enthusiasm for messing about with the web and other technologies, email Tom Nicholson
, Executive Director.